Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Alright stop, colaborate, and listen.

In honour of Thanksgiving I'd like to list this things in life I am thankful for.

Yes, I know two holiday themed posts in a row.. well like I said, it's my favourite holiday.

(Hmmm maybe the list should include that I'm thankful this is just a blog and I don't have an editor somewhere saying "find a better subject")

Starting with the obvious, family, friends, and good health.

Even though family can drive you to want to jump off a cliff sometimes.

And your friends can convince you it's a good idea to jump

("C'mon...it'll be rad man!! Everybody's doing it!!!")

And your good health record may further convince you you're invincible and can survive anything.

("Hey I haven't broken any bones yet, I doubt those ragged rocks at the bottom of this cliff will do anything")

They are all still good things to be thank full for.

But there are a few other things in life that I am thankful for.

Like this morning I was thankful for Philip Dexter.

Even though I cursed him from about 9:18 to 9:23 for driving so damn slow.

At approximately 9:26 as we passed a cop car.

Since I didn't get pulled over for the speeding that I would have been doing if I hadn't been stuck behind him, I immediately removed him from my "curse him" list and stuck him on my "thankful for" list.

I am thankful for my in-house bathroom I now have at my new Liverpool location.

In Packets Landing, I had to leave my desk (and cash box) unattended, go down the hall, and unlock the bathroom.

Not to mention the fact that every time I went, I would see the physio ladies look up and wave to me.

Sometimes after about the third trip they would save me the embarrassment and just pretend they didn't see me.

But I know they did, and I am quite certain they all snickered and talked about me and my bladder over coffee on their down times.

Yes.. I'm sure they had nothing better to do than discuss me.. at least my paranoia believes that.

But now no one notices if I go to the bathroom a zillion times a day.

I can up my water intake to ten gallons without worrying that anyone will think I'm a weirdo.

Well, no one but Kayla, but I'm pretty sure she already knows I'm a weirdo.

I'm also thankful for the no-cell-phone-while-driving law.

Yes I know some friends have threatened to disown me for not answering my phone any more.

But I've saved over $900 since it was announced. Not to mention it has probably kept me from an accident or two.

Now if they just outlaw eating Subway, painting nails, spraying hairspray and dancing to Latino music while driving I'll be the safest driver out there.

(well as long as I'm stuck behind Philip with no passing lanes in sight)

And lastly I'm thankful for Dolly Parton.



Really do I need to elaborate on this??

Nine to Five. Better Get to Livin'. Her entire Kenny Rogers Christmas album. Her entire outlook on life and the beauty industry.

"You'd be surprised how much it costs to look this cheap!"
Dolly Parton

Life would be a little less glittery without her. We should all put her on our "thankful for" list.

And maybe we should all put on a little more lipstick.


```` okay, my post was going to end with Dolly... but I just found one more thing to be thankful for.````

Vanilla Ice has his own show on the DIY network.

The man who sang the lines

"I'm killing your brain like a poisonous mushroom"

"With my rag top down so my hair can blow"

and

"If there was a problem, Yo, I'll solve it
Check out the hook while my DJ revolves it".

He is a general contractor. And he has his own "How to do it yourself" show.

And I am thankful, thankful baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment